Friday, December 7, 2012

I'm baaaaaack!

It's been 5 months since my last post, and I'm going to try and get back to posting weekly with some new musical treats for you, my "usual" political comments, and whatever else I find interesting or think that you might enjoy.

I pretty much abandoned the blog to immerse myself in remodeling the back half of the 1st floor of my house, but despite the fact that Democrats and Republicans spent $2 billion in an effort to affect our government, nothing has changed; the same party controls the House, the other party controls the Senate and presidency, and both of them seem bent on wreaking havoc on the economics of our households and the nation, in order to prove how powerful their party is.  I keep asking myself, "Is this really the best our country has to offer?", and the answer I keep coming up with is, "Are you kidding me?"  Yesterday, Senator Jim DeMint (Republican from South Carolina) announced that he is resigning his seat in the Senate because he can be more "effective" as the head of the conservative think tank, the Heritage Foundation; I don't suppose that the difference of more than 3/4 of a million dollars a year in pay could have anything to do with that, do you?  Maybe he's right, as he now has a straight line to other senators' pockets, in which to dump lobbying money. . .  Then again, maybe that's just my cynical side coming out; I'm sure that he thought long and hard about how much more he could help our country from that position.

But, if you're as sick of politics, junk mail and robocalls as I am, let's move on to a 12 year old English girl that I heard on the radio, a couple of months ago, that just blew me away.  Her voice is beautiful, but what astounded me was that she wrote the song herself; talk about an "old soul". . . http://tinyurl.com/8ol8r76

This "kind of" tickled my funny bone, but it's a very weird story.  If you've been following my blog, you know that I lost my favorite cat, last spring, so when this story came out in June, I was shocked that anybody would do this to a loved "member of his family" after his passing, and I know that I would never have even thought of doing this, but it is a very original way to "honor" his pet:  http://tinyurl.com/7sy3ar2

The next post will probably be my "Christmas Letter", and seeing as how that special time of year is fast approaching, I'd better get this up, and get to work on that!  It will be different than most of my posts, in that it's going to have no politics, and probably a bunch of pics, so, until then. . .








No comments: